As there’s much to cover in the world of COVID, we’re dividing this week’s episode into two parts. In the first part, we cover the state of global COVID, the state of U.S. COVID, the latest in Long COVID, and what Americans are saying themselves about their latest COVID infections.
In the second part here we unpack the Biden talking point that we don’t have to do anything about COVID because “we have the tools”. The administration is using the phrase as rationale for avoiding the combinations of nonpharmaceutical interventions employers adamantly oppose whatever the impact on people’s health.
Here are links to the campaigns described in this part:
- Tell the CDC that all ages need updated vaccine access and vaccines should be released when new variants emerge not once a year: https://peoplescdc.substack.com/p/tell-the-cdc-all-ages-need-updated
- Tell the CDC that infectious control protocols shouldn’t be stripped from hospitals: https://peoplescdc.org/2023/08/07/what-is-hicpac/ https://www.instagram.com/p/CvaaandMnGu/?img_index=1
- Tell the CDC that we need more wastewater surveillance https://peoplescdc.substack.com/p/we-must-expand-covid-wastewater-collection
- Add your name! A Call For Solidarity Among Health Care and Public Health Workers For The Sake Of Equitable, Universal Care https://actionnetwork.org/forms/a-call-for-solidarity-among-health-care-and-public-health-workers-for-the-sake-of-equitable-universal-care
- Urge NYC Council Members to Support the Free Mask Bill https://actionnetwork.org/letters/freemaskbillny/